Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy for Balding
There is range of option from surgical to non surgical treatments available to stimulate natural hair re-growth or to transplant hair when necessary.Thinning and balding hair happens to the best of us and can impact our self-image negatively.
What Is PRP Balding Treatment?
PRP uses cutting-edge technology to stimulate hair growth naturally. This is a non-surgical procedure that’s both quick and painless. Specialists draw a small quantity of your blood that is placed in a centrifuge to separate the protein-rich platelets that are the natural stimulants for hair growth. When ready, these platelets are injected into the areas of thinning to reinvigorate the hair follicles and subsequent growth.
Advantages of the PRP Treatment for balding
- This simple procedure takes around an hour to complete. As surgery is not required, there is no recovery period necessary.
- Some people report almost immediate results in growth and thickening. However, standard results reflect within three months. This period is incredibly fast in terms of hair regrowth due to the natural hair life cycle.
- Specialists use your blood, so no compatibility tests are required. Additionally, no pre-tests are needed from your side before treatment commences other than consultations to determine the cause and duration of your hair loss.
- If you are using other treatments to stimulate hair growth, or surgical procedures to transplant your hair, PRP will speed or encourage the process.
- This process will produce lasting results. Booster treatments every three to four months ensure that your hair continues to grow steadily as long as desired.
Benefits of PRP Injection Treament
Why and how will PRP benefit me?
Normal blood contains 6% platelet. When separated for PRP, there is a concentration of 94% platelets. Which is more powerful in assisting cell turnover and natural growth factor.
This stimulates cellular tissue regeneration to dramatically accelerate healing. Thus the reason this treatment is very successful in treating the signs of ageing, as well as assisting in hair regeneration and even muscle and joint regeneration.
The platelets come directly from the patient’s own blood, in this eliminating any possibility of an allergic reaction or other side effects.
The procedure can be mildly uncomfortable however the patient receives a topical anesthetic ointment before starting the treatment, so most find it quite comfortable. The greatest risk is mild bruising, redness, sensitivity, swelling and mild peeling while the patient heals.